Sunday, May 9, 2010

Treasure boxes

A few years ago, my brother Nick gave my parents a beautiful wooden box with the intention that we would all periodically write down family memories. Every time I walk by that box, I wish it were more full. I want my children to be able to flip through and learn about their aunts, uncles, and father. I want them to understand how we came to be who we are, and I want them to understand how happy we all were together. That box could be a great treasure for our family, but it sits with only a few bits of paper inside.

This year for Mother's Day, Tianna and I decided to record the memories of our childhood. Every day for the next year I'll write up a brief memory and post it on this blog. Tianna will be doing the same on hers.

I hope these memories can begin to fill the empty treasure box.

No comments:

Post a Comment