Friday, May 28, 2010

Selling cookies on the corner

Mom has a great chocolate chip cookie recipe that she got (I believe) from someone in the ward. When all the other kids were setting up lemonade stands on the corner, we set up cookie stands. It wasn’t long before we got quite a reputation—I remember a time when there were 4 cars lined up to get our cookies at 25 cents apiece.

We must have been pretty young when we started selling cookies on the corner. One day we had a couple cars lined up and the first car wanted 3 cookies. The driver didn’t have 3 quarters, though, so he just gave me a dollar and asked for change. I had never heard of change; despite the fact that Mom had sent us out with a jar of quarters to give change, I didn’t know how to do it. The driver tried to explain how it worked, but I was worried that he was trying to rip us off. So I said “Um… just a second” and ran inside to ask Mom.

Turns out the driver wasn’t trying to rip us off. Mom made sure to explain how to give change before we did our next stand.

1 comment:

  1. If you are thinking about buying your new cat trees or other house accessories then you will soon realize that you need to choose carefully in order to get the best one. You are curious to know more about best cat trees, click here.

    ReplyDelete